We celebrated July 4th at the water park this year. A first for us as a family. We usually spend it with friends each year but this small change was actually fun! Now the only downside of being in a water park is that food and drinks are ridiculously expensive! And you can't bring your own food either. BUT that didn't stop us from bringing our own food not when I have a new recipe I wanted to try with flavor I like!
Is this evidence enough?
As a family, we like PASTA and the Limited Edition Greek Pasta Salad Deluxe Recipe by Betty Crocker's Suddenly Pasta Salad sounded really yummy. Needless to say, it became our main dish for the big day. And how did we manage to eat it at the park? The answer will be included in my Practical Summer Survival Guide and Tips. Watch out for it! Now see below the summary of my thoughts about this recipe:
- Easy - I like it that it is easy to prepare. It took me no more than 20 mins from prep to finish, inclusive of all the stir-in ingredients.
- Flavor - The Greek flavor is true to it's taste and that is a winner! Even my child loved it and devoured her share of the salad.
- Great Dish any time - A dish you can eat any season if you ask me. With the wide variety of possible stir-in ingredients, you can customize it to whatever season is at hand.
- Lack of Spice - It can do more with a little hint of spice to give it that kick!
- Added Dried Ingredients - I can do without them. Since they get boiled and lose flavor in the process, they end up as flavorless accessory to the dish. I'd rather add them in "fresh".
It's a great emergency dish option when you're out of ideas and makes for a great party dish. Suitable even for kids who love pasta. Great Greek flavor with endless stir-in ingredient possibilities. Though not appealing to individuals who prefer simple, organic ingredients.
a sample of the newest variety, Suddenly Salad Greek, a storage container, a serving bowl and an insulated tote just like this:
Here's what you need to do:
- Follow Zensible Mama publicly on Google Friend Connect
- Visit Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad and Leave a comment here telling us which salad you would want to try or a favorite.
Extra Entries: (please leave separate comment for each entry)
- Subscribe to Zensible Mama's RSS
- Follow me on Twitter: @MaricrisG and Tweet about this giveaway : Enter to win a Betty Crocker's Suddenly Salad Summer Prize Pack via @MaricrisG http://bit.ly/aAXoip
- If you want to be a friend on Facebook
- Grab my button and link back to me
- If you already liked Zen MamaVentures on Facebook
- Add my Zensible Mama to your blogroll
- Blog about this giveaway (3 entries - leave a link)
- Subscribe to Zensible Mama via email
Firework display at the park
Good luck everyone! I hope your July 4th was great like mine!
++ Betty Crocker has provided the product for review and items included in the prize pack ++