With the onset of Summer and the FUN FUN things that comes with it, also comes every parents' worst fear! They are the famous creepy crawlies that gets really "active" during summer: Lice and nits! Yuk!!!
Thankfully, my daughter has not had any encounter with these Summer camp talented hitchhikers traveling from head to head yet. But she's not new to it. She have experienced them once when we traveled internationally to the hot, tropical country of the Philippines! Due to it's normally hot weather, lice and nits are a common occurrence there. Two days before going back to the US, I noticed she was scratching her head like crazy and there! the culprits were crawling on her hairs and scalp! Aaack! I went into panic. It also didn't help that all the treatment shampoos were all out of stock. We did manage to find one in a nearby city and by the time we boarded the plane, most of the lice were gone except for a few nits. I never want to relive that day EVER again!
Nor any moms or kids should go through this kind of nightmare... Just imagine my delight discovering Zippity Doo's hair products! With my daughter being at school - the pandora box of germs - you can never be sure what she'll bring home with her besides the usual germies! And now that it's Summer break, who knows what she'll pick up from all the kids she'll end up playing in the playgrounds or places where there are tons of kids milling around. Ugh!
- Ingredients: I love the fact that most of it's ingredients are derived from natural sources especially the Tea Tree oil which we personally love at home. My husband came home from an errand one time and as soon as he walked into the house, the aromatic smell of Tea Tree oil greeted him which he loved! Like walking into a spa house!
- Fun design and colors : The font designs are visually appealing to kids and the color choices to identify each product was to me, brilliant! When my daughter takes a bath or shower on her own, I tell her which is which by mentioning their colors. Color codes are fun!
- Made by a Mom: I always admire the creations of fellow moms since they have the right idea that works for our kids and us!
- Lack of Warning: Due to the "minty" nature of the ingredients, a proper warning should be indicated on the label that it can hurt the eyes which happened once to my daughter. Now I made sure that she closes her eyes shut when using the shampoo to avoid the minty drips.
- Not Tear- Free : Being the product geared towards kids, I hope there is a way to formulate a tear-free version.
- Price: Each product retails for $9.99 each for 8.5 0z at Target.com which is a little on the pricey side. For the same price or less, I can easily get an organic shampoo with similar ingredients with more amount too.
Though I have no current product comparison with the same purpose, I think Zippity Doo's can be a great choice! The ingredients are good. The scent is invigorating! Now if they can formulate a tea-free version then, I would say it's the champion of all lice and insect repellent! I have yet to test it's effectiveness with Summer as my opponent.
Now here's a treat for you! Zippity Doo's is giving away a set of four to one lucky reader of Zen MamaVentures! You'll get : Shield Spray, Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Gel.
Just make sure to follow the Mandatory Entry to qualify:
- Follow Zen MamaVentures publicly on Google Friend Connect
- Visit Zippity Doo's and Leave a comment here telling us which of their other products you would like to see them carry.
Extra Entries: (please leave separate comment for each entry)
- Subscribe to Zen MamaVentures RSS
- Follow me on Twitter: @MaricrisG and Tweet about this giveaway : Enter to win Set of four hair products @ZippityDoos perfect summer hair care @MaricrisG http://bit.ly/bws8l6
- Like Zen MamaVentures on Facebook
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Add my Zen MamaVentures to your blogroll
- Subscribe to Zen MamaVentures via email
- Blog about this giveaway (3 entries - leave a link)
Good luck everyone!
**Products has been provided for review and giveaway sponsored by Zippity Doo's through Mom Select.