+ + + + + + +
The weather is starting to warm up. Flip Flop season is almost here! The thought of it alone is making me excited! I love sandals and flip flops. Being born in a tropical country, they were part of my lifestyle and culturally integrated into our fashion styles. I wear them every chance I get - just ask my husband. I'm a hot diggity flip flop mama!
Last week, I finally got the chance to wear and flaunt one as I celebrated Mother's day eve with family. And what a delight it was to wear my new hot Okab Shoes flip flop! And why not? Oka b Shoes were featured in O Magazine, and Parade Magazine featured the Vivien, which is what I wore that day!
Oka b Shoes sent me the Vivien in Licorice w/ Licorice Tahitian Flower for review. A flip flop thong with mid-heel. It comes with another color - copper with pink Tahitian flower but I requested the black since it is my favorite color.
I did a lot of walking that day which was a great opportunity to test out the quality and performance of the shoes.
Top 3 best features:
- Design - I love the flower adornment which gave the shoes it's own classy personality. Add the thong style and mid-heel in the equation and that makes it wearable in any given occasion. That's versatility.
- Arch Support and Massage beads - This is one of it's impressive features. I have high arches and wearing footwear with arch support is recommended. You don't see a lot of footwear that includes this feature by design. It's great to see that Okab shoes has included this little detail in their collections.
- Flexibility - The sandal is not stiff but rather "bouncy" which somehow cushions the foot from the impact of too much walking. Say about an hour of window shopping?
- Slippage - My foot that is. Since it's made of rubber with glossy surface, when my foot sweats, it has a tendency to make my foot slip forward and push against the thong which is a bit painful. In general, this is true for most footwear made in the same way.
- Weight - The mid-heel has given the sandal a bit of a weight which became a weight issue after walking for a while. This could be because the heel is made of solid rubber - next time I'll wear an Okab flats.
The Sandal is a keeper! It's great features far outweigh the noted concerns. Every woman should have an Okab shoes in their shoe collection. They're versatile and made with comfort in mind. It is also great to note that the sandal is vegan friendly and recyclable! Now who can resist shoes like this?! And the price? For a sandal that would last you a while, I think it's worth it. With their wide selections, there's a shoe for every woman with varying taste. Best of all, it's made in the US!
Here's the best part:
Okab shoes has generously offered to give one lucky reader of Zen MamaVentures to win a pair of their lovely shoes so you can experience the same fun and versatility I've had with their shoes. How cool is that!?
- Follow Zen MamaVentures publicly on Google Friend Connect
- Visit Okab Shoes and Leave a comment here telling us which shoes you want to win.
Extra Entries: (please leave separate comment for each entry)
- Like Okab Shoes on Facebook
- Follow Okab Shoes on Twitter
- Subscribe to Zen MamaVentures RSS
- Follow me on Twitter: @MaricrisG and Tweet about this giveaway : Enter to win a lovely pair of @Okab Shoes via @MaricrisG Hot shoes for a Hot Mama giveaway! http://bit.ly/9OOVnU
- Follow me on Facebok
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Become a Fan of Zen MamaVentures on Facebook
- Add my Zen MamaVentures to your blogroll
- Blog about this giveaway (3 entries - leave a link)
- Subscribe to Zen MamaVentures via email
Good luck everyone! If you don't win here, you can always enter Okab's Fan Friday Giveaways. Visit their Facebook page to enter every Friday.
*Okab Shoes has provided a pair of shoes for review and sponsored the giveaway.