Summer is almost here. The weather is heating up and gearing up for the Summer season. Summer equals Sunscreen. They go together like peas in a pod. My family and I are loyal fans of this much-needed necessity. We prefer the all-natural and organic versions, but there are also other products out there that are worth your money. Check the list to see if your favorite brand made the cut.
Here are EWG's 22 best-scoring sunscreen lotions for kids in 2016:
- Adorable Baby Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30+
- All Good Kid’s Sunscreen, SPF 33
- All Terrain KidSport Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30
- ATTITUDE Little Ones 100% Mineral Sunscreen, Fragrance Free, SPF 30
- babyhampton beach*bum sunscreen, SPF 30
- Badger Kids Sunscreen Cream, SPF 30
- Bare Belly Organics Baby Sunscreen, SPF 30
- Belly Buttons & Babies Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30
- Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen, Baby, SPF 30+
- BurnOut Kids Physical Sunscreen, SPF 35
- California Baby Super Sensitive Sunscreen, SPF 30+
- COOLA Suncare Baby Mineral Sunscreen Unscented Moisturizer, SPF 50
- Goddess Garden Kids Sport Natural Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30
- Hampton Sun Sunscreen Lotion For Baby, SPF 45
- Jersey Kids Mineral Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30
- Kiss My Face Organics Kids Mineral Sunscreen, SPF 30
- Nurture My Body Baby Organic Sunscreen, SPF 32
- Substance Baby Natural Sun Care Creme, SPF 30
- Sunology Natural Sunscreen, Kids, SPF 50
- Sunumbra Sunkids Natural Sunscreen, SPF 40
- Thinksport for Kids Sunscreen, SPF 50+
- TruKid Sunny Days Sport Sunscreen, SPF 30+
According to Environmental Working Group (EWG), they've analyzed more than 100 sunscreens marketed for babies and kids. Their list represents the top-scoring sunscreen lotions as a result.
They don’t recommend spray sunscreens. Kids can inhale spray products, and they may provide inadequate skin coverage. Studies indicate that many people don’t apply enough sunscreen when using stick products either.
Visit EWG to learn more about how they made the list and check out their ratings of more than 750 sunscreens, moisturizers and lip products with SPF in EWG’s 2016 Guide to Sunscreens.
For more information about how to stay safe in the sun, visit EWG’s Sun Safety Campaign.
Who is EWG?
"We are a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to protecting human health and the environment. Our mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. With breakthrough research and education, we drive consumer choice and civic action."
Disclaimer: This is not a product endorsement or promotion. We are not affiliated with EWG. This is simply a public service for consumer guide awareness. As always, caution is advised.