Or do they really?
Lately, my life seem to be a fairy tale! What with my wishes coming true! For instance, I've been for some time wishing for a new laptop since mine is old and slowly dying. WISHING - only thing I can do right now since there's no way I can afford to buy one anytime soon. So wish I was. Then the hype about iPad hit the web. I kinda wish for it. But I might have wished really hard. For what do you know, I ended up winning one! And it was totally unexpected... Kinda funny how I found out too.
- I saw a tweet about the giveaway in passing. I told myself, heck why not? I retweeted it and went on with my day.
- Then my internet went dead. Daughter and I were streaming movies from Netflix via Roku. No internet, nothing. I rebooted.
- Internet was reconnected after 15 minutes. I went on and refreshed all opened applications on my laptop including Tweetdeck. As soon as I did that, tweet streams of new mentions of me appeared. I was stunned, no confused, why everyone was congratulating me! I read through and that's when I went on to jump for joy and scaring the bejeebees out of my daughter!
- Before this I wished I can go to Blogher this year. My wish came true. I won a 2-full day ticket via Blogher's Contest. Now going to Blogher, sans sponsor, means I've to come up with money to cover my hotel and travel expenses. I really want to make it happen but I'm too broke to have any to spare.
- I wished for a sponsor. That's when Little Remedies had just followed me on Twitter. I checked them out and their website. I saw their $1000 giveaway. Divine intervention? I immediately entered. My wish came true. I won the Grand Prize! (HUGE THANKS goes to those who loyally voted for me) This win will help a lot but I'm still wishing for a sponsor.
I guess it doesn't matter. What I know is, (some of ) my wishes have come true... Cinderella or not, I'm happy...I'm blessed. And yes, I'm still wishing for a laptop and ahem, the lottery too. Why not? Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!